Happy 19 months to my first born! How fast they grow up. Seriously, these kids grow up FAST! I know most anyone starts talking about their kids growing up by saying "Seems like just yesterday, yada yada yada." Well, it doesn't exactly seem like yesterday that Noah was born and doing a whole slew of firsts, but it doesn't seem like we are just a few months away from his second birthday either. My itty bitty boy, born weeks early- with a preemie body and a not so preemie- sized head. We had to buy two outfits for him to come home in when he was finally discharged- one for the outfit itself (preemie) and another for the hat (0-3 months). They can, and they do grow overnight though (seemingly). I was completely in denial yesterday. Allen got Noah out of the bathtub in the morning and handed him to me to dress (he just does not attempt anymore after I started redressing him every time). I pulled a pair of jeans out of the closet, a pair that he wore last week, that fit him just fine then... they were about an inch too short. What?! Same thing happened with a jacket that fit him perfectly a month prior... too short. This kid eats his wheaties. But, here are a few pictures of my little bit, when he was a little bit bitty-er, still too young to eat his wheaties:
My red head, a few weeks old:
Oh, my Noah. Hated tummy time, loved to be held, hated his swing, never liked toys, always liked wires, cables, and string. Who stayed in the hospital after mommy had been discharged due to severe jaundice and came home with a bili-blanket looking like a pumpkin. Who could have won a record if there was a spit up distance contest, or longest sideburns on a baby, with an affinity for musical instruments, and even more of an affinity for his daddy. Loves to carry on long, drawn out conversations with his mommy in his toddler jibberish, expressions and all while sporting a piece of toast on his forehead. Funny guy. Oh, my Noah.
Have I mentioned how frustrating it is to not know where your stuff is? We have all of our wordly possessions, spread out in about 3 or 4 locations and we cannot find anything. This evening, Allen and I went out to our storage space and opened up a few boxes and were thrilled to pieces over our findings. Who needs presents when you can box your own stuff up, put it in a storage space for a few months and then reopen it sometime down the road? I am looking forward to some consistency. But seriously, I hate having to buy duplicates of things that I know that I have somewhere but just cannot find. Like a duplicate nursing license that I'm about to drop a chunk of change on. Hmmph. Ive got to get more organized. Organization is certainly not my forte and I will spend hours deliberating what I want to go in a drawer or how I want things arranged in the closet. I spend far too much time thinking and not enough doing. That's a whole other story.
Leaving you with a few pictures from yesterday. Noah has started hamming it up in front of the camera.
Bath time. He looks like one of those baby seals you see on an animals in arctic documentary. You know what I mean. The little baby seals that come up, put their faces up to and sniffs the camera.

