Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day in Chucktown


Just thought I would update the blog with some recent pictures of the kids, taken Monday when we spent the day in Charleston. Oh, how I love (and MISS) Charleston!! When we moved up this way, we didn't look back for a long time. We were done with the area, I was done with working at Trident. But there is just something so peaceful about being there, even if its just for the day. There is beauty that I have yet to see to that extent here. I do love Lexington, don't get me wrong. I just have a very special place in my heart for Charleston.

The day ended up being a lot cooler (and way more windy) than we expected and the kids decided not to nap on the way down so they were fussy and irrational at times (yeah so when is a 8 month old and a 1 1/2 year old rational anyway... especially MY 8 month old and MY 1 1/2 year old). Its definitely a lot harder taking two kids on a trip, even if its for the day. We didn't even bother bringing the double stroller, as we knew Juliana would sit in it for about 3 minutes and then would be DONE with it the entire day and would want to be carried (Demanding!!!) while we pushed the limousine around everywhere. So I carried her through the market and shops, in the Charleston Place hotel, down King street, in the Apple store so we could drool over some macs (Juliana literally... oh and spit up too! Not me, her.)

I borrowed my moms camera because I broke mine mine broke... itself and didn't realize that I had it in the mode to shoot these brown-tone shots half the time. They actually turned out fairly well though.

Juliana, 8 months old

Noah snacking. Full of energy, running up and down, up and down the park.

Juliana, sleeping in my arms while I carried her around Charleston.

After I realized that I shot the majority of pictures without color. Allen and his two monkeys. Arms full?

Noah, always trying to be helpful.

Father and son.

The day wasn't perfect. But I'm glad we went. We finished up the day by meeting my brother, sister in law, and new niece Megan out for supper at Allen's favorite Korean restaurant. We got stone bowls and sushi, yum yum. And that was our day!

I wish I could blog more, I do it when I can. Now that both kids are mobile, Ive been super busy chasing and cleaning up after them. Juliana has mastered crawling and pulling up. We took Juliana to the doctor a week and a half ago in which we talked with him about her refusal to eat baby food. He recommended going ahead and giving her table food, and letting her feed herself. So for every meal, we sit both Noah and Juliana in their highchairs and give them the same thing. And Juliana does fairly well. She only has two teeth, but she will gum food to death. Or otherwise hold it in her mouth until her saliva breaks it down. Its very comical to see her "chew." She has been sleeping (somewhat) better at night. Some nights she sleeps 12- 13 hours, some nights she wakes. We do the same thing pretty much every day so there is no rhyme or reason to that. She also claps her hands, and can wave and say bye bye... which is a shocker to me, since Noah definitely did not care to do that at this age. Apples and oranges, they are. Noah on the other hand, has started putting two words together. It doesn't sound like much, but its a pretty big milestone. "Mommy's shoe" "Sissy eating" " Bye Bye Daddy." So very ready for him to talk a little more. Other than that, nothing has changed for Noah. Hes way more predictable (except for his mood, then its Jekyll and Hyde). He still sleeps 12 hours at night, eats like its going out of style (perhaps that phrase is going out of style), is a monster when lacking sleep, and a bursting ball of energy.

I'll save Juliana's new found "tantrums" for a later post. Oh dear.