Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 2nd birthday, baby of mine.

July 2, 2007 - 3:16 pm



My first born baby is two years old now. He came into this world at 3:16 pm on a Monday afternoon after Allen and I watched Titanic over and over on the hospital tv just waiting to become first time parents. He was born weeks early, two days before July 4th, and I was in labor for 17 hours straight. He was more than worth it. Two years ago I met that precious little boy for the first time and I had never been more scared and more elated at the same time. He was so beautiful... Looking into his face I remember thinking that he was flawless, amazing... much more beautiful than I had ever imagined. I examined his teeny toes, his little fingernails, his sweet little ears. He changed my life that day, he made me a mother. Every decision I made after that included him somehow. Most everything I do, I do it with him in mind. I am so thankful. I love that kid.


I love his hugs...


His blossoming sense of humor


His patience for his baby sister


His smile


I love when he sees me and excitedly shouts out "My mommy!!"


His love for "appa juice" "fruit nacks" and "chee toast"


His curls


How he has adopted the role of protector of his little sister.... "No sissy!! Not a toy!!"


How he loves me even when I lose my patience


I even love how he throws toys at us from the backseat of the car to get our attention



I love his everything.


Happy Birthday to my Noah. I am so proud to be your mommy.