Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow day.

We live in the south. Any amount of snow is a big deal. It was a big deal today. I woke up to see that it was indeed snowing. I was telling Allen that it reminded me of a snow globe. The snow just seemed to float around in the air and never really seemed to hit the ground- it seemed weightless. It was wonderful. Noah was quite impressed with it and even called it by name. It started to come down pretty hard and I told Allen that we needed to go to the store and get a few things just in case the weather got worse and the roads became yucky so that we wouldnt have to go anywhere. So off to the store we went to grab a few items along with some ingredients to make chili and cornbread- seemed like the appropriate meal. As we were leaving, we realized that the snow had indeed stopped (bummer #1) and we were missing the Inauguration (bummer #2). Noah did briefly get to play in the snow while it was falling but I just KNEW that it would still be snowing when we got back so I didnt snap any pictures then. He was trying to catch a snowflake. Can we have another snow day, please?

A view from the house:




At the store getting "provisions":



Juliana didnt quite get what all the hype was about:


Is that snow?!! Or did someone spill salt?



Noah, happy as a clam to be running around in wet soggy pants from crawling all over the ground. Yes, we put a hat on him. No, he wouldnt keep it on: