Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ho Hum

I can only describe my day today as 'ho hum." But tomorrow is a new day, a new beginning. And for that I am very thankful and I really should wake up in the morning and say "Thank you" because its new and I can start over. Each day that we are given is truly a gift. I choose not to carry over my frustrations and shortcomings from today to tomorrow. I hope to wake up tomorrow, grumble a little (Because well, Im just plain out not a morning person) and be a better mom tomorrow, a better person, and have a better day. After all, my time as a stay at home mom is coming to an end very soon. I will also hope for some much better feeling kiddies too. Its just oh so stressful when they are still sick day after day. It feels like groundhog day, every day around here. Most of the time I have to think hard on whether its a weekday or a weekend, and what day of the week it is, and I will have a super hard time telling you what the date is. I think the kids could probably use some fresh air (I know I could!) so I think Im going to bundle them up and take them outside tomorrow. It would do them some good. It would do me some good. I felt like a free woman tonight when Allen finally got home and I took the keys and drove to sonic, turned up the radio, and got myself a hotdog and a cherry limeade. Its the simple things, really.

Allen has the day off today but he ended up having to spend the first half of the day in Orangeburg and the second half at band practice... well, with a good piece of the morning here but I just dont do mornings. I spent the morning with my head covered up with a pillow trying to get just a little more sleep. Its nice to have him home and was really hoping to keep him all day but well, you cant always get what you want. They're practicing for an upcoming show at 5 points pub and I do believe I will be making that one. I need to go shopping though since my sweat pants and maternity shirts, which once served me well during my pregnancy, arent really that fabulous unless u got a little bebe under those clothes. On another note- I found some bows for Juliana. Well, I had contacted a fellow cafemom member (wonderful site for moms) a while back about having some bows made for Juliana and shes sending some for FREE so I'll remain giddy with glee until then. Yipee. And of course, I'll take pictures.

Okay, sorry my life isnt fabulous and interesting but Im happy about it because its mine. It doesnt make for a good blog but it gives me something to do in the evenings when the kids are tucked in their beds with their loveys and their nite nite music, drooling away and smacking in their sleep. I have so many pictures of Noah sleeping. A few of Juliana but the ones I have of Noah are the ones where you sneak into their room way late after they have gone to bed and snap a few. If I did that with Juliana she would wake up. Shes such a light sleeper.

Oh and yes, has anyone seen the Hallmark commercial with the little toddler, perhaps around Noah's age or a little older and the mom is trying to get him to say "Merry Christmas" into the recordable card? I'll never know because I dont have a spot for comments yet but that reminds me so much of Noah. I think I may go buy a few of those cards this year and record Noah's mumbo jumbo. Im really going to miss that in a year when he doesnt have his own little jibberish anymore. His new favorite word is "shoe"... 'Shhheeeeeew. Sheeeeeeeeeeew" as he carries around shoes and socks. His new favorite thing (for the past few days- perhaps stemming from boredum from not getting out the house) is dressing himself. Well, kind of. Today he helped put on his shirt and helped pull his pants up. Then when I wasnt looking he took them off. I told him to put them back on so he sat there on the floor and tried his darndest to put those pants back on. He finally got both feet in, stood up, and fell over. He also found one of Allen's socks in the laundry pile so he sat down on the floor and tried and tried and tried to put it on. He finally brought it to me for assistance so I put a pair of Allen's socks on him that came clear past his knees and he was a happy camper for the moment. I missed getting a picture of that. I think my obsessive compulsive picture taking stems from not having very many pictures of myself from my childhood and also because they grow up so darn fast! I didnt take near enough pictures (in my opinion) of Noah in the beginning because I didnt have my camera until he was a little older (I had another better one thanks to Clay but couldnt figure out how to use it). So I take too many pictures now, who cares, better than taking too few.

Well I'll close for now. The hubs is upstairs snoring away and I too shall join him. Remember- my big happy snoring family. Goodnight.


Update:


Decided to check on the kids before going to sleep: Noah was sound asleep, pacifier hanging out of his mouth, shirt hiked up, blanket kicked off, snoring... Pulled his shirt down, put the blanket back on him, figured he'd correct his pacifier if he wanted to and left.




Checked on Juliana and this is what I found:






Now I can pretty much guess how she peed out of her diaper but her arm was most definitely in that sleeve with her shirt pulled down when I left her. I am still trying to figure this one out. I was going to have to wake her up anyway so I snapped the picture (surprisingly, she didnt wake up).