Today was quite a day. The husband woke up again in TN and J woke up feeling better (or atleast looking a lot better). She kept about half of her bottles down today and besides an occasional cough, she seemed like her usual self. Overall, she was quite content, sitting up on her very own in my lap. N seemed just fine as well. They both took super duper long naps (unfortunatly, not at the same time). And then N wakes up with a temperature of 103.5. Out of the blue. He woke up screaming and as I picked him up I noticed that he was absolutely burning up. I stripped him down and put him in a tube of lukewarm water with all kinds of fun and interesting things to play with(to try and keep his mind off of the water temperature). It came down a great deal. It was 99.1 when I put him to bed tonight and he seemed just fine. I went in his room about 15 minutes ago to check on him and noticed that he was burning up again. Temperature was 103.3. I gave him something to drink which he absolutely snatched from me, (much to our amusement) and gave him a dose of tylenol. Oh... sick kids. What to do with them. I suppose that we'll be making a trip to whatever is open and available on a Saturday. Urgent care, here we come. Here is to another morning, afternoon, evening of Dr. W saying that he has no idea what it is but he will treat us for whatever I think it is. He has seriously said that to me the past couple of times Ive been there either for myself or one of my kids. Seems they always get sick outside of normal office hours. I got to see my guy for about 10 minutes this afternoon after he got back from TN with the band before he had to turn right back around and go to work. Hmmph on that one. Well, to end my post, I'll add a couple pictures from today.
J, happy as can be:
And my sick little boy, in his cool bath with tons of distractive items: