Sunday, December 21, 2008

Uh Ohs!

Noah would like to share with you all what he managed to do tonight stemming from a very severe case of the "I gotta run everywhere I gos"

:




Now that, my friends, is a very nice and sizeable (for a toddler) gash to his eyelid. I was upstairs and I hear BOOM! and then hear Allen shouting out "OH MY GOD!!!" Now, very few things can get a reaction out of Allen like that... So I run down to see what could possibly be the problem and about that time Noah starts screaming hysterically and his entire eye is covered in blood. We had to hold him down and apply pressure to stop the bleeding which proceeded to make him more upset. It didnt turn out half as bad as I thought it would but still pretty darn bad for my tiny baby little boy. Lately he insists that running is a much more effective mode of transportation and although he has had many crashes, many bumps, knots, and bruises, not to mention bloody noses- tonight we had a pretty bad scare. I have a feeling that this is the first of very (VERY!) many scars for our very (VERY!) active 17 month old. Favorite pastime: jumping off the couch or anything up high. He is ALL boy.


FOUR days left until Christmas, just in case anyone needing reminding!!! Allen and I still have lots of Christmas shopping left to do but he had to work today and when he got home we decided to have a semi-lazy day (Until Noah put an end to that). We were also planning to get Noah and Juliana's pictures taken on Tuesday (after putting it off for several weeks because
of them being sick) but somehow I think our plans have been changed on that one as well. I wonder how well they can edit out a black eye and his little gash . Not too well, huh? I would think they could probably do something about the cut but his eye has continued to swell a bit since taking those pictures and its turning a lovely shade of purple/black. My poor baby!! I do take these types of things with a grain of salt because whether you want them to or not, they tend to happen. It was just an unfortunate event.

Did I mention that my husband has 11 days off starting tomorrow? Did I mention that I am ridiculously happy about that (Although a little nervous about the lack of income). Allen and I have been talking lately about what our plans are for the future and what we are going to do about working, buying a house, daycare for the kids, etc... We've come up with something but I guess I'll share on that later.

Did I also mention that I am half blind? We called for an appointment with the eye doctor to have my eyes examined because the only contacts that I had left were in my eyes and they wouldnt give me anymore since it had been so long since I was last seen. Well I have a very bad habit of leaving my contacts in entirely too long (mostly because Im completely blind without them... my vision is 20/2400... no, thats not a joke) and my contact in my left eye was just killing me... so I took it out and put it in a small container which Noah later on found and emptied out all over the floor and well, I have no more contact for my left eye. Seriously, I am blind and having difficulty adjusting to not being able to see anything with one eye. Oh yeah, and about the appointment- no openings until the end of January. No insurance to pay for an appointment or contacts until I start my new job either. What to do, what to do... I feel like we've been faced with way too many "what to dos" lately.

My grammar can be terrible Im afraid, so as you're reading, please disregard my forgetfulness when it comes to apostraphies and commas, subject/verb agreement, transitions between paragraphs, etc.... I need a refresher course.

And lastly, a few more pictures of the family from yesterday and today for family members (and interested friends):

Noah and his daddy, my handsome men!


Last night I was standing in the bathroom putting my makeup on before going out to Olive Garden for a friend's birthday and Noah was standing there observing. I finish up and quickly get dressed and find that Noah has decided to give the makeup a try. Really, its not quite your color Noah.


Noah and Juliana playing together. They make a pretty cute team. And they absolutely love each other.





Goodnight/Goodmorning everyone!!